Self-Assessment Tax Returns

Self-Assessment tax returns may need to be filed in a range of cases. If any of the below criteria apply to you, you will need to complete a Self Assessment tax return:

  • You are self-employed
  • You are a company director
  • You have an annual income of £100,000 or more
  • You have income from savings, investment or property (unless collected via PAYE)
  • You receive income from overseas
  • You have income from trusts, settlements and estates
  • You have Capital Gains Tax to pay
  • Individuals and sole traders
  • Partnerships
  • Limited Companies

The self-assessment regime is full of penalties and HMRC inquiry powers are extensive. It’s important that returns are correctly completed. Our firm will help you ensure that all your forms are filled out on time and accurately so that you never have any problems. It is also a good idea to always maintain backup records for the appropriate period of time so that nothing gets lost and all your tax returns are filled as accurately as possible.

We don’t just help you file your tax return, we go above and beyond and offer more services such as:

  • Offering advice on your tax liabilities
  • Negotiating with the collector if necessary
  • Identifying suitable tax planning opportunities
  • Completing all the necessary tax computations
  • Dealing with all correspondence from HMRC, taking the sworry away from you

Many people find it complicated and time-consuming so it’s no wonder that almost 1 million people a year are fined for failing to return it to H M Revenue & Customs. With our help you never have to worry about a fine. We will take care of everything to the best of our ability.